A New Era: Diagnosing and Treating Hepatitis C (HCV) in Primary Care Settings | Part II: A Tale of a FQHC’s Integration of HCV Treatment into Primary Care Services
March 10 @ 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CST
The purpose of this two-part webinar series is to enable the learner to identify people with hepatitis C (HCV) and HIV, and provide HCV treatment to cure patients in the primary care setting. The Part II session is described as: Integrating new care models into clinic workflow can be intimidating. Attend this webinar to learn how a FQHC in Wisconsin used lessons learned from establishing an HIV program to integrate HCV treatment of uncomplicated patients into their primary care services.
- Elizabeth Pyne, MD, Parkway Medical Director, Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers
- Formulate ways to outreach to patients for HCV testing and treatment.
- Outline HCV treatment timeline and staff involvement with various steps in the process.
- Identify key healthcare staff to include on an HCV care team.
- Discuss potential barriers and important items to consider when developing HCV testing and treatment protocols.
Register for Part II: https://www.matec.info/event/?ER_ID=36995
Register for Part I: https://www.matec.info/event/?ER_ID=36993
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar